While our son is recovering nicely from his surgery he did have 5 lymph nodes that were removed show signs of his thyroid cancer.

Just as things begin to settle down my mom calls me yesterday. I come from a family of five kids, three older brothers and a younger sister. My brother nearest me in age has now been diagnosed with what the doctors are certain is a malignant tumor on the side of his voice box. His name is Brad. He is the type of person that everyone instantly likes. Goodhearted, generous, a real stand up guy.

Brad was complaining of hoarseness along with a sore throat/discomfort in the neck. Ears/Nose/Throat doc found the tumor. He was sent to Pittsburgh for further testing to first confirm the cancer and determine what type it is along with how far it has spread. He is complaining of pain in the side of his head/neck where the tumor is located. Because of his high tolerance to pain the docs fear this is going to be an advanced disease.

If you get a chance please sent some good thoughts, prayers, well wishes to Brad, his wife Bonnie and my mom is really taking this hard. Brad is a devoted hunter, fisherman, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Savatage/Avatar fan.

I don't want to complain but I sure wish things would stop going wrong for once. Somewhere along the way I managed to contract a nasty infection in the great toe of my left foot. Not good for diabetic but it pales compared to the gut wrenching things happening to my son and my brother.