Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
Did you use foam sheets glued together?
I guess I am an anomaly in the foam popper body world. (Among others, according to SWMBO.) I actually use foam flip flops, the floor tiles shown in another thread on here, yoga blocks, and foam building blocks from Hobby Lobby. I then just use a box cutter and cut those items into cubes of various sizes. I then put those onto an upholstery needle chucked in my Dremel and use a nail file to turn the shape I desire. Some will say that it is dangerous to put a foam block on a needle spinning that fast, and if you get it too far off center, that could be true. (I have had one needle break, but it was a long, thinner one than usual.) I am pretty good at getting it centered so I don't get much shake as I start it up, and really after about 5 seconds with the nail file, it is round with the needle dead center anyway.

As you can see, with that setup, I can get a multitude of sizes and shapes. They all have a hole right down the center that I slip over the hook eye and onto the hook. I have had a couple that I sanded down on the bottom once the glue was dry, but that was because of their length and to give me a little more hooking area.

Enjoy making them!