+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenkara in Island Park

Default Tenkara in Island Park

So here I am in the beautiful Island Park Idaho next to the famed Henrys Fork of the Snake River, and loving it. Only thing that would make it better is if I wasn't so busy producing furled leaders I would be fishing, but will have time for that later. I am making and selling my western furled leaders to people who come by in a booth at an outdoors craft type show at Buffalo Run Campground, and explain my passion for Tenkara. Of course I have my Tenkara_Fishing Tenkara rod with my crafted line on it and let them try it out casting it a bit. Everyone gets so excited about it and asks where they might get this set up. I am so excited to hopefully bring more people into this beautiful art form of fly fishing. Can't wait to see what tomorow brings me. For many reasons I love fly fishing but sharing my passion is sometimes just as fun and exciting as actually doing it myself. I hope to share that passion this week end to many people who decide to stop by and see me as I am making my leaders.

Cheers,
    Brandon

Thank you for sharing the passion! It really is amazing to see people's faces when you hand them a tenkara rod. Hopefully you'll introduce many new people to tenkara and sell a lot of your leaders.
    Tenkara Bum

Aww man Brandon, sure just sit there hanging out in one of the prettiest spots in the state, chatting up folks about fishing. No fair. I'm sure your having fun, enjoy it. Especially if you get some time to fish. Wish I could make it over that way for some fishing.

Lucky Man! Looking forward to trying your furled leaders. Thanks!

I have a huge list of emails to send out with several different links to about Tenkara. People were amazed by how simple and beautiful the rods feel. Like I'm sure others have heard how do you land a big fish. As I haven't really landed a BIG fish yet, explained the process as best I could. I love to fish Tenkara, but desire a tutor to help me learn a bit more. So if anyone wants to come help teach me how to be a better Tenkara Angler come on over. I live close to Tom from Teton Tenkara and will be trying to meet up with him as I should be moving soon back to Pocatello Idaho only a few miles from where he is, but more tutors is better. Chris I hope to someday be able to meet you in person and sit down and talk so I can soak all your knowledge up like a very dry sponge! Hopefully if you are ever over in my neck of the woods we could meet up for a trip to some of the very beautiful Tenkara waters of which I am blessed to be surrounded by.

Cheers,
    Brandon

+ Reply to Thread