I finished my restoration project last night. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 just thinking about how the test would go today.

I don't have a yard big enough to test the rod out so I went to our local community college. I tried to pick a time when the walkers and runners wouldn't be there to see someone that's been cursed by the boo try a feeble attempt to cast a line. Through conversation, it was presumed that this rod would probably be a 5wt. I only had 4 and 6wt line.

I put the 4wt on first, looked around to make sure no one was in site. I made my first cast. Not bad, maybe 20 ft. The rod didn't break. Made a few more casts, 30 and 35 feet but took a little effort.

I changed reels and put on the 6wt. Now my mind is trying to remember all the things you guys and gals have been saying about casting. I let the first go, jumped in the truck, ran home, had coffee, gave the dog water, smoked a cigarette, ran back out to were the rod was just in time to come off the back cast and begin the foreward cast. Easy 45 ft. The rod still didn't break. I made one more cast, 50 plus feet. Said a prayer, went home, didn't want to push my luck.

I don't really care if this rod ever sees water. It didn't break. I am ready for round two.

My wife told me to go to Michigan for the fish in, but I don't have the heart to leave her with all the grandchildren by herself. I really would like to have met all you folks.

Next rod project will be probably be narrated via the local emergency room.

------------------
Steve (Rookie)