That evening, I drove around to the stream that I wanted to fish on my last trip, but didn't due to the water clarity. It was nice and clear this time. Still just a bit high, but certainly fishable. I got there mid-afternoon, so I didn't have time to fish the full stretch I wanted to. Instead, I just fished a bit right around the campground. I picked up three cutts, but nothing particularly large. So that evening, I decided to go try a little tributary that I'd driven by on the way in. When I drove by it, it didn't look like it held a lot of water, so I didn't have real high hopes. When I got back to the stream though, what I noticed was that there was an irrigation ditch that diverted off the stream about a half a mile up from the bridge where I crossed it. That ditch took about half of the stream's flow out of the equation. Once I got up above that ditch, the stream started to look a lot nicer.

This hole gave up four fish. Three the first time through, and on my way back to the truck I picked up one more.

This stream was loaded with 5-9" cutts, with enough fish in the 11-12" range to keep things really interesting. I caught 15+ in the last hour of daylight.