+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend wader belt

Dear ozark,

You could always carry two fat wallets, one in each back pocket.

Cinch the belt up tight and the wallets will keep it from falling down over your hips.

I'm kind of like Jim above in that I have a natural waistline just under my gut. The belt stays pretty good in that spot.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

That's what I meant by the right spot vertically.

Try putting a bead of goop on the inside of the belt similar to what some trouser manufactures put on the inside of their trousers to keep tucked in shirts from riding up and coming un-tucked. Not sure exactly what they use but it remains slightly tacky and after time is more rubber like.
    Eric.

two words...Duck tape!!!

Why don't we all write Simms a collective letter suggesting to them what a good idea it would be to integrate belt loops into their full length waders. Other manufactureres have done it for various types of waders, and Simms may have done it with their waist high waders.

BTW, Ozark, you are wearing full length waders aren't you? I'd hate to think that there is a plumber's moon coming out from time to time when that belt slips.

Yep, full length waders, my wife was with me on that trip so I had to be on good behavior! She seems to have something against certain part of my anatomy and public.

I like the goop idea, I think I am going to do some experiments along that line. I also like the idea of loops on waders. I did write Simms an e-mail asking what they thought when designing the combo.

The wallet idea might have some merit but I'll have to fill it up with newspaper. Seems cash and fly fishing are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Why is that anyway

Dan

Re: Goop

I have tried that approach with goop on shotgun shoulder slings and shoulder game carriers...they still slipped....but what the heck, give it a try.

I have glued velcro to various places on my float tube with goop and it has held real well.

sounds like another candidate for the Dicky Do award

One of the new Simms waders has an integrated waist belt but what I would look at is one of their other non-nylon wading belts. They make one from neoprene and another one from urethane material. I would bet one of those would work for you. [url=http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_CATEGORY&CAT=accessories:17b08]http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_CATEGORY&CAT=accessories[/url:17b08]
    SPB

I have an inexpensive wading belt that I picked up at Dick's Sporting Goods. It is made of a stretchy material and the inside is rubberized. It stays put very well. I bought it some time ago and I don't know the brand though. I took a quick look on their web site but I didn't find it. Here is the address if you want to try your luck: [url=http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/:19c08]http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/[/url:19c08]

Rick

------------------
    Fish more, work less!

+ Reply to Thread