+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Need a new vise

Hybrid View

Regal, with stainless jaws
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Peak vise. that's all............

AlanB Guest

By now you will see just why I didn't mention a specific vice in my earlier post! If you get 100 responces you'll probably have 70 or 80 recomendations, and be none the wiser.
    The Nor Vice you asked about is a completely different approach to tying. If you are used to a conventional vice you will have a big learning curve tying that way. "It does what it says on the tin", and is a quallity piece of kit. If you are happy to adopt the approach this vice is designed for then by all means go for it. Those who use them all seem to love them.

Cheers,
    C.

I really like my Griffin Mongoose. Not sure what you have for a Griffin now.

I have tied a lot of bugs on my Renzetti Traveler and it has given me no issues.
    Rob

I have a Dyna King Ergonomic Supreme, Dyna King Ultimate Indexer, Renzetti Traveler, and a Regal. I love them all! I use the Traveler and the Ultimate Indexer the most, each about equally. The Traveler gets used more for trout flies size 12 and smaller.

There are a lot of very good vises on the market.

Default Renzetti Presentation 2000

I have the Renzetti 2000 Presentation with Deluxe base and a Griffin Cam Jaw Odyssey. The Renzetti is without a doubt my preferred vise between the 2, due to its adjustable design. Would like to get a 2200 Renzetti Traveler for my travel kit.
    "I Never Saw A Wild Thing Sorry For Itself, A Bird Will Fall Frozen Dead From A Bough, Without Ever Having Felt Sorry For Itself."

I've got a Renzetti Traveler, great vise for the money. I started off with a cheapo vise, they get the job done but they suck. Since you've been deployed for a while and have some extra cash that you're looking to spend on this, look at the Traveler as the starting point and go from there. Personally I don't need a higher-end vise than what I have, it does everything I need it to...that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have the "Special Edition Master Vise", but I can't justify spending that much on something I don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by flybugpa View Post
    Regal, with stainless jaws
    My choice as well

my vote = HMH standard

welcome back!

Clarkii
    Last edited by Clarkii; 08-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread