I'm not moving..........remodeling. Adding on........................$new_house_size = $old_house_size + ($old_house_size/3);

September can be tough in Southwest Montana. My young friend Jeremy (from desert white water trips--he's younger than my daughter) came up here last September for his pre-wedding bachelor bash. I told him "high altitude lakes and streams." But he was determined to float the Yellowstone. It was tough last September. The Missouri is tough then too. Lots of infinitessimal mayflies. Too hot and early for streamers. The Henry's Fork might be a different story. Hoppers on the Yellowstone Park cutthroat creeks are supposed to be good. But the late summer crowds seem to last longer each year.

Finally. This the hard part. The Fish and Game is on the verge of closing the Jefferson river because of dangerously high water temperatures. If you release a fish at 70 degrees it's probably not going to make it anyway. If we don't get a break in the weather other rivers will follow, leaving only the tailwaters, reservoirs and high high altitude.