When I decided I was drinking too much beer and the next step in my alcoholism was a place I did not want to go I started attending Alcoholics Anonymous. I haven't had a drink in three years and am active in our Celebrate Recovery Program at our church. Some ten or twelve years ago I purchased and began using my first bamboo fly rod. It was one of those evil weeds akalooker mentioned. An Orvis Madison Far & Fine, 7'6", 2/1 five weight. After about 7 years of using the Orvis and acquiring other grass rods with names such as Heddon, South Bend, Horrocks & Ibbotson and Montague I came to the conclusion that I bypassed several levels of this benign addiciton. As with liquor and beer, when you can't afford the really good stuff you settle for less. I couldn't afford the Payne, Dickerson, Leonard, et al so went straight to the lesser names. They're still fine fishing rods but lack the panache' of the leaders. It occurred to me that, as with drinking, I was nearing my bottom and sought help. I spoke with our minister, fellow AA members, a friend who happens to be a counselor, tried to work the 12 steps and applied myself diligently to the 8 principles of Celebrate Recovery.....all to no avail. I can't say I've relapsed as I never stopped using or acquiring bamboo rods. There may be help for some but for me it appears I am hopelessly addicted. Perhaps worse than the addiction is that.....I really don't care!!!!!!