I did not know if this should be here, Rod Building, Sound Off or a new topic should be added, "Damaged Goods" or "Idiot".

Several months ago, I decided to undertake a bamboo rod restoration project. At that time, I was of relative good health, not sure about the mind.

While undergoing this project, I have managed to slice the outside of my left index finger to the bone and proceeded to loose the feeling in half of that finger. Not really a big deal, a blob of super glue, holding it together for twenty minutes and bingo. Not a big deal? I can't feel the materials while I attempt to pretend I can tie a fly.

Somewhere along the way, I managed to accomplish a detached vitreous in both eyes. No big deal. Put wax paper over both eyes and try to tie a fly, find the hook eye with the tippet or wrap a few guides.

Now through all of this, I am managing to get this rod finished. This morning, I am putting a tip on a rod. Piece of cake. Eyes that can't focus, finger that has no feeling until a blob of hot cement falls on that finger. It took a moment but low an behold, Feeling. Hot, Hot, very hot. I didn't realize it was burning.

I swear this is the curse of bamboo. I have another bamboo rod that needs restoration.

Do you really think for a minute I would put myself in harms way again?

You bet. Can't wait.

------------------
Steve (Rookie)