+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Poll time,what reel do you own and why?

None of my gear is expensive, reels included as I'm simply not an equipment junkie. I enjoy the fishing and the rod and reels are the tools albeit cheap ones with me but I do take care of my toys. I have a number of reels holding lines from 3 weight to 8 weight but i dont think any are above the 60 dollar mark, actually that would be my most expensive reel. As long as the reel holds the suitable amount of backing and flyline and has enough drag to place resistance on the flyline when I'm stripping, thats all the requirements i have, then I'm happy. I have caught some nice size trout up to 7lb, and nothing has looked like failing on me at any time

Default Not meant to resurect the dead topic

Just a update that will hopefully be my last until my death hopefully a long ways down the road.I now have two abels,a new Abel super 3n for my two 7 1/2' 4 weights and one I just got today a new Abel super 4 in dark green for my green 5 weight St croix legends and Winston.

I have a number of reels. However, the two that I fish the most are a 3 5/8 Hardy Perfect for salmon and a Hardy LRH Lightweight for trout. Here's my opinion on fly reels in case anyone wants to hear it... LOL! On a river, unless you're fishing a click and pawl fly reel, you're not fishing. There's nothing like the sound of a running fish on a click reel. Even 8 inch brookies deserve the dignity of being angled with one of these reels. In my opinion, it adds to the fishing experience as landing a big fish on one of these is more challenging than landing a fish with a train stopping disc drag reel. Click and Pawl all the way!!

+ Reply to Thread