+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFs Article

Default LFs Article

LF,
    The photographs in your article are a form of cruel and unusual punishment to those of us in the snow covered land. They therefore should be banned until such time as all of us can partake of such springtime loveliness.

Bob

------------------
    There is a fine line between fly fishing, and standing in the water waving a stick.

Bob,

I'm with you, ... maybe we could put up a petition.

Then again, LF is ribbing us, ... she doesn't seem to mention those periodes when the fog rolls in and the kids start growing webbed feet!

Having spent winters on and around Vancouver Island, I prefer the winter sun (and not that liquid sunshine they get out there).

(would be nice to fish in February though )

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:67b00]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:67b00]
    Christopher Chin

Yep, just when I said it was spring last week with temps in the high 60s, winter is back upon us in Albuquerque and New Mexico. My parents received 6" of snow over night and here at my house, there is a dusting of the white stuff.

------------------
    Tight lines,

Jeremy Barela
    www.customflys.com

All of you need to come down to Arizona in the Winter....300 days of sun a year. I have 'seen' it snow, but I've never had to 'deal' with it (shovel, driving, etc.)

Why put up with snow and ice at all?

We can fish ALL YEAR!

It IS a choice, you know.

70+ degrees today. I'll catch bass, panfish, and trout at the little 'urban' pond down the road this afternoon.

Good Luck!

Buddy

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:fe0e7]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:fe0e7]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

I'll sign!! Went fishin' Sat, below Fontenelle Dam, didn't catch anything but mud on the truck and a heck of a lot of wyo wind. Had a good time anyway but was COLD in that wind!
    As for moving, still have a few years to w@#k before I can retire.
    ------------------
    Wyo-blizzard

[This message has been edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff (edited 14 March 2005).]
    Wyo-Blizzard

I can smell the hycinth and gardenias! Now I just have to wait for the first bloom of the peonies and the green drake hatch on Penns.
    Frank Reid

Buddy,

Its the Atlantic Salmon that keep us here. Couldn't afford a non-resident permit if I moved

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:8e5b6]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:8e5b6]
    Christopher Chin

Christopher,

So stay there in the spring/summer/fall, catch your Salmon. You'd still be a 'resident'.

Come here when it's too cold to fish there...

I know some of you feel like you have to 'work' (Shudder!!! I HATE that word...), but we DO have things called 'jobs' down here too....Most folks will change their 'job' several times over their lifetimes. Why not find one NOW that allows you to leave the snow behind? Life only gets shorter, you know....

Am I the only one that finds this simple?

Good Luck!

Buddy

P.S; I love it here, but even I leave in the summer, too dang hot (business reasons, the fishing is still great...)

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:77419]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:77419]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread