+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IF Quakertown, PA is close to you...

Default IF Quakertown, PA is close to you...

...Nestor's in Quakertown, PA (the ONLY decent fly shop in the Lehigh Valley), is going out of the fly fishing business and is selling off EVERYTHING fly fishing and regular fishing related at 20-30% off.

Sage, Loomis, Redington, St Croix, and Diamondback rods. Lamson, Sci Angler, and Ross reels at 20% off. Wading stuff at 25% off, fly tying materials at 30% off!

I don't know if they will ship stuff but here is their [url=http://www.nestors.com/main/default.asp:44f75]website[/url:44f75] where you can get the info and directions. If you're close by it might be worth your while to drive out before all the good stuff is gone.

The sale is word of mouth so I'm the first one to blab now that I got what I wanted .

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 16 June 2006).]

Bamboozle, I hope that our supporting sponsors do not remember your name or the fact that you even posted a working link to 'that' website when Nestors is out of business and you need some flyfishing stuff. Our sponsors might feel that you do not appreciate them and don't really care that they pay all the bills to bring you this site. And that Nestors doesn't.

Oh,,, by the way, do you figure the customer service will be alright? I mean,,, ya know, when Nestors are out of business?

JC:

The place is staying is business, just not the fly fishing end of it, they sell other outdoor sporting goods and have been around for a long time.

But I'm confused, while I do realize there are sponsors who are fly shops, most appear to be manufacturers. So if this store, (which shall remain nameless), sells products that are made by FAOL sponsors, (at least 20 by my count), doesn't that help the sponsors too?

I have seen lots of people pointed to fly shops that are not sponsors on other threads. I'm not trying to ruffle anybody feathers, (pardon the pun), I just wanted to help some guys get a deal on some stuff that they may want or need for a discount.

Sorry! .

You can kill the thread if you like, unlike other PA anglers on this site, I don't mind deleted posts .

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 16 June 2006).]

Well, the 'hot link' may not have been too good an idea.

Well JC I checked out the site and if it makes you feel better it is just an information, no online ordering.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

+ Reply to Thread