I was one of Brandon's testers. Here is my review:

I was lucky enough to receive a pair of Tenkara furled lines from Moonlit Fly Fishing last week. The two lines I received for testing were a blue premium line at 13' long and an orange super premium line which was 13 1/3' long. Both lines appear to be well constructed, nicely tapered, and have a very small tippet ring at the end. They attach to the Lillian with the typical girth hitch.

The first thing I noticed was that they were far easier to cast than a level line. My 13' TenkaraUSA Ayu rod is an extremely soft rod which has some difficulty casting a super light level line. The furled lines made that rod come alive.

I first brought the lines to the Bear river for an evening of trout fishing. As with most furled lines, they cast well but it was slightly more difficult keeping the line up out of the water. This is not a problem just with the Moonlit furled lines, but with all furled lines because they are heavier than a level line. What you gain with casting efficiency you pay for with a bit of extra weight. I found that by using the current of the river and placing my line carefully I could just about negate any problems keeping the line off of the water. However, if I needed to shoot a fly across the river then the furled line won hands down.

The tippet ring is a nice addition to the line. On my Western fly line I always do a loop to loop connection by tying a perfection loop on my leader and attaching it to the loop on my fly line. The tippet ring not only made it easy to attach a leader, but it makes it easier to cut that leader off without worrying about nicking your line.

I did get my fly stuck in a tree and had to break off the fly to get it back. I could claim that I did this on purpose merely to test how easily it is to uncoil a furled line when it coils up after a snap. Like all furled lines it did coil up somewhat when the tippet snapped, but it didn't take long at all the straighten it out. The furls didn't come undone and it didn't kink up at all. After just a minute or two of work the line was back to new.

The super premium line was slightly longer and was made from orange thread. It may be my eyes combined with my polarized glasses but I had a difficult time seeing the line against green river water. If the fish are also having a tough time seeing it then this may be an advantage. The blue premium line vanished almost entirely against the water.

I then took the lines to the Yuba river to catch some larger fish. The spooky Yuba river fish required longer cast so I used the 13 1/2' super premium line with a 5' 6x tippet and a parachute ant pattern. I caught several small rainbows and one hog of a fish. At no time did I feel like the line was stretching or in any way ready to fail. In fact, I had another large fish fight so hard that it pull the knot to my fly loose. The line held up just fine and after many hours of casting and fighting fish it showed no sing of wear.

As a comparison I decided to buy a TenkaraUSA furled line. I find that the TenkaraUSA line cast even more easily than the Moonlit lines, but it's significantly heavier. The Moonlite lines seem to nicely fill a gap between the super lightweight level lines and the heavier furled lines. I find myself fishing with the 13' blue premium line more often than not.

I wanted to add a quick story. Last night I came home from work, had dinner, and felt a need to get out and walk the dog. I just needed to get off the couch and move around. So my husky "Thunder" and I took a quick trip down to the Bear river to walk a couple miles. It was almost 7:30 and I only had an hour or so of daylight left. I decided to grab the Tenkara rod, stick a fly box in my right pocket, the blue 13' Premium line and a spool of tippet in my left pocket, clip my nippers and hemostats to my belt and go. Two minutes later I was ready to fish. After a quick walk of a couple of miles I decided to see if there were any fish in the river. I did see one fish rising in an eddy towards the middle of the river. With the slight breeze we had I probably couldn't have cast to it with a level line. With the Moonlit premium line I had no problem shooting the line out to that soft water. I swung a traditional Tenkara wet fly past it a couple dozen times until he just couldn't resist any more and sure enough, I had another small rainbow in hand.

I'm really enjoying these lines. They're well constructed, the tippet ring is a welcome addition, and they fit a niche between an ultra light level line and a heavier, traditional furled line. I can recommend these lines wholeheartedly.