Thread: TFO Finesse 8'9" 3wt 4pc My New Pack rod

Threaded View

Default TFO Finesse 8'9" 3wt 4pc My New Pack rod

This is a rod for my own personal usage. Now that I have lost over 100lbs I plan on doing a bunch of hiking along the Au Sable when I head up for 16 days this month and I decided to build a new dry fly rod that I can pack in a dual rod carrier that I will strap to my back on long treks through the woods and along the river. I have been looking for a 9ft 3wt that fit's my styles of casting every since I sold my Winston 3wt 10 years ago, this 8'9" 3wt TFO seems to fit just about perfect for the action I was looking for.

Blank is TFO Finesse series 8'9" 3wt 4pc. The reel seat is a piece of wood that I got from Ron and I'm not exactly sure what it is (maybe black & white ebony? not sure) but I chose it because I liked the contrasting colors. The grip is one I turned whi8ch I thought matched the reel seat wood perfectly with brown burl/light mix/burnt cork sliced in half and then rubberized cork.

Wraps are brown & black classic twist with CP. Trim is 3 turns of metallic gold on the outer edge and two turns on the inner edge. A polished winding check and hook keeper round out this pack rod. Will be putting it to the test in about 2 weeks.

Steve
    Last edited by Midwest Custom Fly Rods; 07-06-2012 at 01:31 PM.