Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
More proof that a trout will eat anything that looks and acts alive, is smaller than it is, and is slow enough to catch !!!

I really relate to your comment "But where I tend to fish is not necessarily where they did." I often realize that I tend to look for a certain kind of water in a stream system, and wonder if I am actually passing up good or even better water ?? But habits that have produced results over time are hard to modify. You were fortunate to spend the day with a couple very good anglers whose habits are very different than your own. When I see others fishing, I always stop to watch, to see what I can learn. But that is no substitute for the experience you had on the Fourth.

John
On a buggier day (PMDs or BWOs, caddis, tricos, etc) you do have to fish nit pick imitations. But this was a slow-motion prospecting day. The other boats we saw were bobber fishing with heavier bead heads. Both Chuck and Dan said that's probably what they'd be doing too, if they were still guiding, because end-of-the-day tips have such a one-to-one relationship with the number of netted fish.