Went out today with my new (to me) treasure, a Winston IM6 7' 2wt. When I took these shots I hadn't yet lined it; for now it wears my old Martin Mohawk River reel, and being reluctant to pop $65-70 for a line, I bought a F2WF line on ebay for $11 from a seller in Canada, which at first blush seems well worth the price:

I got everything ready last night, and bubbling with excitement, I headed for my favorite bluegill hole bright and early this morning. For a 2wt it had to be a dry, right? There was a Royal Coachman sticking in the patch; I tied it on. Nothing. OK, how about a soft hackle? Swung a nice PT, and then a March Brown. Nothing. A red tailed gnat pattern produced nothing either, as did a plain ol' black ant. Resisting the urge to resort to my when-nothng-else-works rig, a hopper and Prince nymph dropper (on a 2wt? C'mon!) I pounded the water with variations of the others untill the Kansas wind arrived and rendered the 2wt useless (for me anyway). . For what it's worth, chasing some carp with the 6wt and just about everything in the box, including some guaranteed carp killers I got from Yeagers in KC worked equally as well. .

Oh well, we've got burgers and roastin' ears with home made ice cream for dinner, and granddaughter Gracie comes over for fireworks. Happy 4th, everyone!