The next day we headed to one of my favorite streams which is usually pretty good for numbers, and where I've caught a few nice fish. On this particular stream, we hike about 1.5 miles downstream and then fish our way back up. There are a couple of decent holes where we start, then it's kind of mediocre water where you'll pick up a few fish here and there before we end at a truly fantastic pool. The second hole that we fished gave up his first cutthroat.

This particular stream actually is the native home to both Yellowstone and Snake River Cutthroats. It's right along the area where their ranges overlap, so you get to see some fish that are clearly the fine-spotted variety, a few that are clearly the large-spotted Yellowstone variety, and a bunch that look somewhere in between. Someday I might actually send in the photos to get my certificate for Wyoming's Cutt Slam program, and if I do, I want to send in photos of the four smallest fish they've ever received for each subspecies. So when I caught this little fine-spotted guy, I was pretty excited.

When we got to the last hole that I mentioned above, we've probably caught about 10 or so fish between us. This hole can't really be fished by more than one person at once, so we just took turns fishing it. Once one of us would catch a fish, the other one would take over. We pulled 11 fish out of that hole between us.