Closed Thread

Thread: Post

Default Post

I had a post asking if anyone had anything old laying around I could BUY for my little brother. How is that begging for free stuff?????????????????????

When you mention the word "Pay", it doesn't sound like begging to me.

Oops, sorry, the word was "buy".

What do you need and what is your budget? I have tons of stuff that's extra.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

fish4life,

Since I didn't see your original post I really can't comment on it. However, I usually find that sending JC and LF an e-mail about problelm I'm having gets really good results and a quick response to my questions.

That way people aren't reading one sided conversations.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Lets be honest fish, what you are really hoping for is that some of us good ole boys will offer you stuff free. If you really would like to buy things you should list them and the price range you are willing to pay even if it is quite rediculous. At least it would show you have good intentions. A lot of people on here would probably throw in some extras besides meeting the low price you would be willing to pay. "Old stuff laying around" and "for my little brother" are written to evoke sympathy and compassion. Saying that, I wish you well and hope you continue to participate on the site.

Mantis- SHUT UP! I didn't ask you to come in here and be a total A&^. MAYBE IF I PUT IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS YOU WILL GET THE POINT. I ASKED IF ANYONE HAS OLD STUFF LAYING AROUND MY LITTLE BROTHER COULD BUY. I actually thought people on here would understand the post for the post, not to try and get free stuff, if he wanted free stuff he would go to the Goodwill. If you don't know what that is it is a charity for the less fortunate. There, DO YOU UNDERSTAND????????

He needs to buy flies, line, tippet material, maybe a new rod (I would have to ask him tomorrow), and fly boxes. Thats about it. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. He only has about $50-$60.

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help,
    Nick

[This message has been edited by fish4life (edited 15 June 2006).]

The 'screen door' has closed.

Closed Thread