Thread: Flies for the Truckee?

Threaded View

On the "Ask About Fly Fishing" podcast there is a recent episode with Mikey Weir who guides the Truckee. He goes over every single bit of the Truckee from the upper Truckee south of Lake Tahoe all the way to it's terminus at Pyramid Lake.

The web site with that show is http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/sp...ckee-river.cfm You'll have to create a temporary login id and they'll let you listen to the shows for free for a week. after that they want about $10 a year to have access to all their archives. It's a good show and I've learned a lot from it.

Have fun next week. I live down the hill towards Sacramento in the town of Colfax so the Truckee is right in my backyard. I should go fish it more often.

The stretch from Tahoe City downstream towards Truckee is a favorite section for recreational floaters on everything from air mattresses to water wings, and most fly fishermen stay away from it during the daylight hours. With all of the recreational traffic and the gin clear water, the trout are very difficult to find although I have done well in the very early morning and late evenings.
    Ah yes, this is what we often refer to as "The Bikini Hatch".
    Last edited by DruLeeParsec; 06-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.