Thread: 10' 4pc 5wt PacBay Quickline

Threaded View

Default 10' 4pc 5wt PacBay Quickline

I build a fair amount of these type of rods for people floating rivers in pontoon boats. In a pontoon boat you need to be able to pick the line up off the water and cast it back out with no false cast. You are busy enough kicking your fins and using at least one oar to help control everything. The 10' length gives you that better than a 9' rod. Also that exra foot off of the water gives you a little more error room on the backcast. I also build these for float tubers for the same reasons. These rods take more abuse than your standard rod so this has a Carbon fiber grip with a YFLY reelseat. An all metal reel seat on these rods IMO is the only way to go. This is the first Quickline blank I have used and it fits the bill for this very well. Picks up line easily and shoots it out there very nicely. I had been using the RX7 10' 2pc 5 wt (Batson does not make a 4pc in any version of this rod). It is a very nice blank for this, but having a4 pc for transport is nice and this rod is a little lighter and faster action. The guides are PacBay stripper with Minnima 4 guides and tip top. I believe any boat type rod needs a braced tip. The color theme for this tod is black/white because the customer is color blind and wanted to actually be able to see the wraps as they are.

Last edited by baitwaister; 06-26-2012 at 02:51 AM.