+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to put our dog to sleep today.

Blog Entries

I am sorry for your pain, but glad for the love and happiness which you shared with your friend and family member.
    I think most dogs are good dogs. Their main desires in life seem to be to share affection and attention with their family, to be looked after and to look after us, and to get treats. There are few simple pleasures better than giving attention and something extra to a well-behaved and affectionate dog.

Ed

Been there a few times myself. You have my sympathy.

Rocky

Feel your pain brother! I have been there and am very close to my K-9 companions! Praying that God would comfort you and your family during this time of grief!

aa
    US Veteran and concerned citizen

I feel for you. Its one of the hardest things to do. But you have to do it for them.

So sorry - we had to have one of our cats euthanized a week ago, she was really a sweet heart....which is difficult for me to say since I've been a dog person all my life. We have another 16 years old grey Persian who makes roaring sounds like a 'big cat" , he isn't going to last much longer I'm afraid. They all become part of our lives, and we are blessed to have them.

Animals are just as important as people sometimes,they don't talk back use profanity eat most things given to them without fuss only to ask for a good pat on the head and kind words,as with any death time will heal hurt hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    Didn't read...didn't wanna cry. Just scrolled to the bottom to say..."I feel what must be your pain". I was there 3 years ago, and still haven't been able to get another friend...
    I am in the same boat, I miss my dog every day, literally. Very sorry for your loss you and family have my sympahties PA Dave. I had to put mine down too and knew it was the right thing. Hold your head high, you gave your dog a great home and did the hard thing and right thing. It is never easy to do.

Sorry to hear it!! The time is coming when I have to let my lab go. Her hips and back legs are going, but she has days when she seems like a puppy again. Don't even want to imagine what it's going to be like when she's gone.

Blog Entries

Those furry kids really get into your heart. I had to have both of my female shelties put down about a year ago, exactly two weeks apart. We had both of them cremated. Although I miss both of them dearly, we still have the three male shelties and got a border collie puppy shortly after losing Trixie. It is a hard thing to do, but then doing the right thing is not always easy.
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread