+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empty!

Default Empty!

Out of Fly of the Week material. HELP! Please send the one(s) you've told yourself you were going to send in to neilmtrv@aol.com
    Please.
    Hugs,
    LF

Lightbulb The silence is deafening.

Thought I would bump this back to the top of the Forum.

Wondering if anyone has actually responded to Deanna's request ??

John
    The fish are always right.

AlanB Guest

LF You got mail!
    Cheers,
    A.

LF,

I will submit something, but, do not know when that will be. I will only be on FAOL a very short time now. My Mom, whose is 89, fell last week and broke her hip and I have spent some nights and each and everyday at either the hospital or the rehab center where she is now to see if they will be able to get her to walk with a walker. Very unsure what her outcome is going to be at this time. I miss not being here on FAOL, but, I must be with my Mom. I am all she has since Dad passed 7 years ago.

I do know that she is in God's hands and I will accept whatever the outcome is. I will return, but, do not know when that will be at this time, and when I do, I will put something together for FAOL.

Love you all and miss you,
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I sent a tutorial a while back...Got a delivery failure and I said the heck with it. Sent one before that over a year ago and never heard a word about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I sent a tutorial a while back...Got a delivery failure and I said the heck with it. Sent one before that over a year ago and never heard a word about it.
    This reminds me of the first FOTW I submitted back in '07. I didn't have the camera nor computer skills to get it done and enlisted the assistance of a much more computer savvy friend. It took many tries, but we finally got the FOTW submitted and published.

The last thirteen FOTWs I've submitted, with one exception, have all gone quite smoothly. Using my own camera, computer, and improved computer skills.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    This reminds me of the first FOTW I submitted back in '07. I didn't have the camera nor computer skills to get it done and enlisted the assistance of a much more computer savvy friend. It took many tries, but we finally got the FOTW submitted and published.

The last thirteen FOTWs I've submitted, with one exception, have all gone quite smoothly. Using my own camera, computer, and improved computer skills.

John
    Must be nice. Just a word saying it's not what they want would work. 13? Like I said, must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    .... Just a word saying it's not what they want would work. ....
    DUB -

Yes, I've felt like I was left hanging a number of times when I didn't get any feedback from Neil. And it wasn't unusual that several editions went by before a submission was used, which added to the frustration. More recently, the feedback from Neil has been prompt and appreciative.

I hope you will take the time to resubmit the tutorials you previously sent, and be sure to use the email address shown in Deanna's post #1 in this thread.

I also hope that you receive prompt acknowledgement from Neil and that the rest of us get to see first hand and judge for ourselves the worth of your submission. I, for one, having read a lot of your fishing reports and seen the flies you've posted on the Fly Tying Forum, am fully confident that they will interesting, relevant, and productive flies.

John

AlanB Guest

I sent in one yesterday and received a a prompt, polite reply from Neil. I always find it best to copy and paste email addresses just to be sure I have them right.
    Cheers,
    A.

+ Reply to Thread