I just wanted to share this with all of you.

As all of those who read my blog may have guessed, I am very passionate about the catch. There's something about the four-part cast and the feel of a fish on the end of the line. All fishermen and women understand the rush that follows a bobber blipping below the surface. What causes it? I don't know. I am passionate, however, about the catch.

Twelve years ago this august, I began my sophomore year in High School. I was a wild teenager, with parent problems and crazy friends. I played sports, and got injured on a semi-frequent basis. On one occasion, I had to get therapy for an ankle during football. On that occasion, there was an incredibly attractive young woman with auburn hair and beautiful eyes. What can I say? I'm passionate about the catch. So, I rigged up some bait and made a cast.

My newly opened Sprite sat open on the training bench.

"You come here often?" I asked.

Auburn hair and pretty eyes might have rolled them. I don't remember. I gave the bait a desperate twitch.

"... want some Sprite?" I extended the bottle towards her. It was 7:00 AM.

"I don't drink pop in the mornings," she responded, and left.

... Dave, you know when you cast to that goldfish and you get cold-shouldered? You trout mongers, you know when you're staring down a 20" Brown and they ignore your presentation time, after time, after time?

Oh, it was on like Donkey Kong. I bobbed. I weaved. I side casted, roll casted, used harpoons. I actually saw some activity on the line!

Then I moved.

But just as the water levels in the river of life rise and drop and create change in the landscape of its bed, I found myself in a situation to try to pursue her again. This time, though, I got a bite.

On May 12th, 2007, we effectively landed each other and mounted the trophy on our wall... minus the taxidermy.

Did I mention I'm passionate about the catch?

Oh, and we got her a license and she outfished me the other day on a fly I call the "minky winky". (Small gurgler pattern with a mink tail, brown chenille. Sunfish killer.)

Love ya, honey.