+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flyfishing Scotland

there are some great places to fish over here, and not all are expensive, the dearer ones are usually farmed rainbow trout waters with large unnatural fish. The wild brown trout lochs are inexpensive on the whole (A days fishing for about $10 approx). If there is any specifics you require dont hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to help you schuured

------------------
    Born to fish, forced to work.

schuured, I might also suggest that you slip on over to [url=http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com:7c8e9]www.flyfishingarkansas.com[/url:7c8e9] and post a message on the general discussion board for davyfly. This will hook you up with Davy Wooten, who is obviously well versed in the fly fishing in his native land.

I recently visited Scotland and enjoyed loch fishing with my H&H Forecast 6'6" 2 wt on Skye and near Lochinver. Fishing permits were 8 and 5 pounds respectively. I caught some small but energetic browns in Loch Hasco located in the Quirang near Staffin/Skye. I also caught a nice brown in Loch Crocach near Lochinver before a heavy hail/rain stopped the fishing. The wet hike back to the car was easier having caught a nice fish. My wife hiked while I fished so I missed the good parts of the Quirang - a favorite of ours. Closer to where you will be, Lake of Mentieth near Aberfoyle had many serious fisherman on a day that was waaaayy too windy for my skill level with a 2 wt.

Good Luck,

Rich Wagner

+ Reply to Thread