Thanks, the Davy knot it was. I knew it was a "simple" name, which is why I was hunting around Bill and Bob and such.

@ Scruffy, thanks for the info. on knots. Pretty much, I am looking for a quick and easy tied knot, while I am sure the pitzen may be stronger, the Davy's knot should be sufficient. We're talking about bass (the bass typically aren't large), BG and other WW species. I only discovered the Davy's knot recently and when I needed to tie it in the field, I found it to be quick and easy compared to other knots I have tied, but it was fairly fresh in my mind then and when I went out to the field again (after a month of not fishing), I had forgotton how to tie the knot, CRS syndrome you know. I had to resort back to the Palomar knot, which is the only easier knot that I have actually used in fishing. A bit of confession here, unfortunately the Palomar knot is not so convenient when fishing lures (yes, *lures*, oh the horror ). It works fine for hooks, jig heads and flies, but it is a real drag to have to keep the loop large enough to even get a small minnow lure through it. The Davy knot is almost as easy to tie as the Palomar, but I don't have to worry about trying to pass a lure through a loop and getting either myself or the line caught on a hook.

When it comes to fishing knots, I trust what others have found to work. I may test other knots if I find my knots starting to break and confirm that I am tying them correctly, however, that has not been the case, of course I have not caught very large fish, which if I were to, may change my mind about the knots I should be using.

Paul

------------------
"Remember Fish are Friends, Not Food."
From _Finding_Nemo_

Gandalf