+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenkara Talk

Hybrid View

Default Tenkara Talk

I Just visited Jason Klass's Blog Tenkara Talk. If you wanted a great source of information for tenkara, all you had to do was visit his site. Jason has also joined the TUSA team which explains the one list of sites now missing from his BLOG. That list would be of the sites that sell tenkara gear. It is a real shame that he removed them from his blog but I guess we should have seen it coming after TUSA announced him as part of there team.

I prefer an objective opinion not a corporate one. Just my two cents

I'm getting an uneasy feeling about TUSA, eve rsince they booted Tenkarabum from the site and now this. I was told that TenkaraUSA did not want to corner the market but it seems as if he is trying.

Blog Entries

The great thing about the free enterprise system is someone else will offer a product at a more competative price and other experts will gather on other forums to discuss ideas. If that wasn't the case we wouldn't have as many fly rod companies out there. So, if some one wants to gather in a larger portion of the market, let them, for if they fail to maintain a good company or group, someone else will step up to the plate and give them competition.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Just to let you know, I do not plan to remove all the favorable reviews of TenkaraUSA rods from my TenkaraBum site. I think that would be a disservice to anglers who are interested in learning about tenkara. It's about making the pie bigger, not trying to eat the whole thing.

One more thing, I will never claim to be "The only company in the western hemisphere dedicated to the sport and arts of tenkara fly-fishing" which is a ridiculous claim no matter what company makes it. I can think of nine without breaking a sweat.
    Tenkara Bum

Wow! As a relative newcomer to the art of Tenkara this isn't surprising, but rather frustrating to say the least. It is the fee marketand competition that generates new ideas and the innovation of better products. I hope to see the innovation continue from other sources! I applaud Chris for keeping his reviews of TUSA on his site to strengthen the pool of Tenkara fishers.

+ Reply to Thread