I've always been able to carry a lot of weight because of my 6'6" frame, but these past few years it's been piling on more and more now that I turned 40 last year. So I decided to do something about it and to get back into better shape at 40 yrs old than I ever was even at 20 yrs old.

Feb 15th I weighed myself and I was 395lbs I said that was it I gotta change this. I quite smoking 15 months ago and I told myself if I can stop smoking after 15 yrs of doing it, then losing weight should be easy to do compared to quitting smoking. So 4 months ago I started changing the way I eat, started working out and doing about 3-7 miles of cardio each week, and have stuck to the change in lifestyle like my life depends on it, because in a way it does.

So in the past 4 months I have dropped 91 lbs now. Still plan to drop another 74 lbs, but I'm more than halfway there now.

Here's a before and "current" pic. Left is me at one of the PA Fish-ins at 395lbs...right is me this morning at 304 lbs.

I find it quite amazing the difference in myself not just physically, but mentally now after just these past 4 months. I just feel so my better, can do so much more, and feel 20 years younger. I still have about 74lbs to go. I want to hot 100lbs by the end of this month, 120 lbs by my annual 16 day Au Sable vacation July 20th, then 165 lbs by the end of the year which will put me at 230 lbs, which is good for my height of 6'6".

Little ways to go, but I'm getting there'

Steve