+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A big change these past 4 months!

Quote Originally Posted by appalachian angler View Post
    Excellent work Steve! I need to shed about 60 lbs my self. Your tenacity is inspiring. Keep up the good work!

BTW...you cranking out more rods now?

aa
    Thanks aa. Yeah man I don't know why/who opened the flood gates but I have about 13 rods I'm working on at the moment. Usually May-July is the slower time of year but guys are keeping me busy this year. Hopeing I have enough time to build myself a new 3wt before Vacation next month though.

Steve

Blog Entries

I could not stay on your 800 calorie diet. My doctor put me on the Paleo diet, she said that its not unusual to loose 15 pounds in the first week with it, I can eat all the meat and vegetables I want just no carbs. Its actually more restrictive than Adkins but the weight is coming off and I am not hungry. if anyone is interested pm me with your email and I will email the one page starter page for the diet.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Steve, huge congratulations on your impressive weight loss! Keep going. You are going to feel so much better physically and emotionally when you hit your goal that you will not believe it.

Two suggestions. First, don't limit your calories any more than your current input, but do try to increase your exercise routine as you feel up to it. Two miles a day of walking will get you to your goal even faster if you feel up to it. Second, keep giving away or throwing away your pants as you move to a smaller waist size. But keep the pants that are one size larger than the ones that fit you when you hit your goal. That way, you have a bit of slack if you start going up, but also a reminder to get back on the loss program.

A few years ago, my doc told me I was close to being diabetic and needed to lose weight and increase exercise. That got my attention and I dropped surprisingly fast and easily from a 42" to a 34" waist. Stayed there for a few years, then gradually found myself backsliding. (I do love ice cream!) Bought some 36" waist Wranglers and still looked pretty good to myself. Then had to buy a pair of 38" Wranglers. That set the bells ringing, so I only bought one pair at that size. I'm now back down to 36" and working at hitting 34" again. The newest 38" Wranglers are down at the Salvation Army store and I've vowed never to buy another pair in this size.

Hi Steve - You aren't half the man you used to be!

Congratulations on your new svelte physique.

My "gift" to you: diet A&W root beer - zero calories, zero carbs, and it tastes FANTASTIC. Nothing diet about how it tastes.

Glad to see you taking care of yourself - keep up the good work!

H.A.

Blog Entries

I must agree. Diet A&W is good stuff. Diet Mt Dew, Diet Sierre Mist, or Diet Orange Crush, are all good. No diet taste to it at all for me.

Diet Dr Pepper is pretty good, too.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

I use to be a HUGE fan of A&W Root Beer, as well as Hires. I'm trying to think if I have tried any Diet A&W. I don't think I have, I'll have to try one soon and see how it tastes.

Steve

Well yesterday I bumped up the program and did 4 miles of roadwork as well as some weight training and it is showing on the scale big time today, down 97lbs now which puts me under 300lbs for the first time in close to 15 years! Only about 67more lbs to go and I will have reached my goal!

Steve

Way to go Steve!!!!!
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Steve, this is fantastic! Keep it going!
    I could stand to drop 15 pounds. As I sit here eating lunch at work ("rabbit food"....cauliflower, carrots, peppers and tomatoes), I'm pretty sure my problem is mostly lack of exercise. 90% of my exercise these days is just being out fishing! I guess I need to fight MORE/BIGGER fish!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Well I have hit a big milestone this morning. I have now lost exactly 100 lbs in just under 5 months since I started

Steve

+ Reply to Thread