+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A hit and a miss

Hybrid View

awesome carp! what did you get it on? Seems every year they key in on a different fly.

I use a basic soft hackle out here, but after fishing for carp in a few different watersheds, they really key in on the main forage. out here, that is nymphs and clams.

That's a big and beautiful fish! And I can scarcely believe I just said that about a carp.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Sweet fish! I hope to find some big carp and sm in shallow when I head to MI soon.

Didn't see a single carp in shallow on the northern MI lakes we fished. I think I need to find a way to make the trip around the first of June.

I just got back from lake MI as well. We found the carp but the wouldn't eat. Caught 11 in four days...really tough with so many fish around. We slayed the smallies though. Lake MI is an awesome resource. Some pics:

NewTyer 1 Guest

I had no idea that Lake MI was so beautiful and clear. Really great fish. I love when the Carp make there run once they know there hooked but, that Smallie is awesome. Nice photography also. Is that just a point and shoot camera?Carp Picture.jpg
    This is the only Carp I ever caught and I think the shirt says 1991. It was a long time ago. Even that one took awhile to get in. Just as I would get it to the bank, it would spook and make another run. I think I was using really light tackle also so had to play it gently. This picture is a goof, I look like David Karesh on drugs, if any of you remember good ol' David

+ Reply to Thread