Thread: Jenny Lind

Threaded View

Default Jenny Lind

Hi,

The purple on this should be a lighter shade of lavendar, but, well gee whiz, I don't seem to have any lavendar duck quills or hackle? I've been looking, but this is as close as I've come. Anyway, the Jenny Lind originated in the 1850s, when the opera singer of the same name toured North America (from Sweden). It was first tied up by a Mrs. O'Connell from Halifax, Nova Scotia, in honour of her tour. I've never seen one of these for sale, but I know of one fellow who blogs is fishing reports from Nova Scotia who has had good luck with it on local brookies. It's funny how the Parmecheme Belle is still very popular in Nova Scotia, but something with a very similar look, and local to boot, has become lost in time.

Oh well, my purple quills are not of the best quality and you can see the wing has split at the tip. Not a huge problem, since it will come apart after a fish or two anyway. Still, dress your best for the photo Miss Lind!

- Jeff

Last edited by JeffHamm; 06-13-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: She was Swedish, not from the UK
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.