This is technically my second but, the first one I built and never fished it and ended up selling it. This one is the first one I am keeping and fishing with. It was made by Fred Paddock who lived in NY but has recently moved to Virginia. He is a maker of some of the most sort after glass rods. His attention to detail, the hardware he uses make he what he is today. He only made five Bamboo rods and I have #1 which makes this one special. I actually managed to track him down on another forum and spoke with him. I also had a guy drop off a few glass rods and a bamboo rod for me to try and find out what they might be worth but, the bamboo is in such bad shape, at this point if he can get $10 he's lucky. I am going to try to get it from him and I have a friend who refurbishes bamboo rods and is willing to bring the rod to life for me for nothing including all new hardware. That is my next project. I have a reel coming for my rod and a silk line along with my furled leaders, it should be a fine casting rod. I hope you enjoy your rod and let me know how you liked it.

Scott