+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Howdy...

Default Howdy...

My first post here (well, second actually); for some reason I had a lot of trouble registering so thanks to Denny for all his help walking it through. I'm in south-central Kansas and make it to trout country once in a while, but bass and bluegills are mostly what bends my rods. Lately I've been on a carp crusade but have yet to land one . Looking forward to mostly just hanging around; hopefully I'll have something worth while to add once in a while.

Prairieschooner
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Welcome aboard from a displaced american whos,lived in england 41 years, but can still remember fishing for pike, bass ,wllayes, bluegills, crappies and carp in eastern South Dakota many moons ago and then two years ago when visiting. Still to take a carp on fly, but have had perch, roach and rudd whilst fishing for trout so you never know.

Blog Entries

Welcome to FAOL carp are tough to catch on a fly, keep at it

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Glad Denny was able to help - he's just terrific! (His hackle is terrific too.)

And a warm welcome from O-O-O-lathe! There's a whole posse of us up here!! Good to have you on board.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Welcome to the board. You picked a great place to hang out. Good luck with the carp , tough to catch on the fly.

Welcome to the board from north Georgia. Nice bunch of folks, not many rules (abiding by the Golden Rule pretty much covers them). You can learn alot without much effort and make some pretty good friends who it may take a long time to ever meet. One of the things I have learned is that when I wonder if someone has ever tried something, they have you just have to find out who it was.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Welcome to FAOL.

We just had a SE KS bluegill fish-in sorta in your neighborhood a couple weeks ago. We met at the KS Mined Land strip pits near Big Brutus. Hopefully you'll be able to join us next year.
    Tim

Welcome aboard! Though I live in trout country, one of my fly fishing friends seems to have shifted mostly to going after carp. Once you get the hang of it, you can avoid a lot of boring miles on I-70.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard. Be warned that Betty Hiner is actually Swamp Witch Betty; what with Kansas being one giant swamp and all...
    (Don't let the fact that she's cute, cuddly, and an absolute sweetheart mislead you.)

Ed

+ Reply to Thread