+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Howdy...

Well so it was you guys that laid the groundwork at Fort Hays State. I didn't get there until 1982 and live in Custer Hall...it was coed by then and we had a bar in the basement.

Kevin

Hi Bikebum,

Custer got the bar in the basement when I was there. Also while I was there a fellow got dunk at the Custer bar I think, drove to fast, and ran into a tree over by the stadium, totalling his very expensive car. I think it was a tree on the east side of the road, the road that goes past the west side of the stadium. It was where that road joined the road that ran past the north side of the stadium, going west. It was the tree right in the corner where the two roads joined. A couple of weeks, or so, later another guy got drunk at the bar in the basement of Custer, drove his car to fast, and totalled his car on the same tree.

Of course some students knew exactly what to do to to get to the root of the problem, and used a chain saw to cut down the offending tree. I was uncertain exactly how the tree had jumped out in the way of the cars to cause the wrecks, but I wasn't there to see what happened, so how was I to know. At least that is the story that was going around the campus as to how the wrecks happened, and why the tree was cut down. I have pretty good reason to believe that such was what happened.

At any rate, that particular tree didn't cause any more wrecks, so it must have been the problem. Clearly both guys getting drunk at Custer, if that was in fact what happened, was just a coincidence that had nothing to do with the wrecked cars....it was the tree.

Regards,

Gandolf
    Last edited by Gandolf; 06-12-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Hi Prarieschooner,

Sent a PM.

Regards,

Gandolf

Quote Originally Posted by GILs_GONE_WILD View Post
    I've heard of people catching carp with strawberries or cherry tomatoes. Hmmmm ... is there a fly out there that resembles either of those.
    Don't know about tomatoes or strawberries, but Yeager's Flies out of KC sells mulberry flies!
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Blog Entries

Welcome! I'm from the south end of Wichita, and there are a couple of others in the area, too. If you aren't too far, we might have to meet for some fishing one of these days.

And you will have to hit the pits with us next year. It's a lot of fun!
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prairieschooner View Post
    Don't know about tomatoes or strawberries, but Yeager's Flies out of KC sells mulberry flies!
    I knew it was only a matter of time before somebody was tying fruit flies...

Ed

+ Reply to Thread