+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 PA Fish-In

Go to the store and ask for directions. McConnells has the information. It's right behind the store and the house is located on the pine creek. Go back to the first thread on this fish-in 2013 and you will find the website to the house.As for this week, I'm going up too but not sure what day I'm leaving and what day I'm coming home.. I'll be up above the canyon near my camp. Probably fishing from Monday til Thursday myself. I'm doing food right now for the Fish-In. Looks like only 7 guys for inside a1 or 2 outside sleeping in a tent. Kevin and Joe, let me know if you want to chip in for the food and what days you want to be included. Randy

Randy
    I'm planning to be up for the week. (29th-3rd) I'll camp on the property and eat with the group. Count me in for the food and whatever else you need. I'm also in the market for 1 large and 2 small fly boxes like you had last year (if you have them) along with one of your 4-5 weight fly reels. Really looking forward to the new site and another great year. See you on the 29th.
    KMQ

Kevin- I'll see you there.I'll bring the boxes and some reels too. Joe wants to see a big reel for a 10wt rod.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to miss this year - pick any two reasons since they all contribute to the decision - work, family, money, pursuit of toothy critters, time (or lack thereof).
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Sorry to hear that Joe.

Well, I got 4 days of fishing on the upper pine and found the water,fish, and scenery is just great!! This was the third trip so far this year and each time is nothing short of good fishing. This last time, the water was cold and up but still very fishable. Hit some new holes and kept running into people from 150 miles away. Stay home and leave the fish to me!!! Just kidding. Anyway, I spoke with Glen for the second time in two weeks. Last Thursday, he bought $1000 worth of fish for the Little Pine DH area.

OK, back to the fishing. Anyway, Glen tells me the fishing is fantastic this past few weeks, We ran into some cold weather and high water, which then turned the fish off and the fishermen, off too. As we get closer to the week for the Fish0In the weather and the water will hopefully hold out. Seems we keep getting cold weather which actually works out great for us. Any day, the weather will get warm and stay warm. When that's happens, we are gonna hit the good fishing weather that we had last year. we are less than two weeks away and we will have a great time once again. The only decision we should make at the moment is when to have our steak night---and we need to keep John away from the grill. I'm not gonna eat another well done steak again!!!. Since we have a large yard this year, maybe we should have some sort of casting contest, or at least, some casting demos one day?? What does everyone think?? Remember this is open to all who want to show up. I always promote the Fish-In for all who want to stop in and say Hi. We always have coffee and some cold drinks for anyone who stops in. Bring a lawn chair and sit outside of the house and watch the Big Pine right out of the back yard. Guys--bring your tying supplies and we can set up some tables for tying--and the regular BSing....Randy

Randy,
    Nice report, but no pictures ???......
    Another lost camera, I assume ......
    Tight Lines......
    John } aka: Quill gordon

Hey John==no lost camera,or............cooked camera. I do have some pics but didn't download them yet. I'll get them up ASAP and get you to drool. BTW- I have extra room if you want to join us?? You can ride up with me,as you live soooooo far away from me. HA! Did you catch that hawg down on the little Schuylkill yet?? Randy

+ Reply to Thread