+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 PA Fish-In

Kevin
    I'll be bringing a few reels,as Joe is looking for a 10wt reel too.
    As I sit here reading this thread, we have snow falling outside of my window. Is it ever gonna get warm???

Randy

HI just got some tying in , getting ready. got some lead leader tie up, got a new mitches done can wait to show these to the boy's. also new soft hackle in the works. my new mitches ....can not tell ----- maybe I can---- #6 wet fly hook 933 herter than .030 lead wire wrap full body.wood duck tail condor quill body spun fur for thorax than under hackle black than partridge hackle lt grey there you are my great mitch. I am giving to many great mitches out----------flyman 3

OK, I will read thru this and help anyone out that can't read Pottsville-hyroglifics....Ancient language spoke while eating doughnuts and drinking Yuengling beer---lots of beer.

He has tuna hooks from the 1800's that he's mounting a duck,a partridge and a left over 60's era, condor on.It will be tied with some lead wire weighing in at a mere .6lbs. This is his secret tie so he's not sharing this with too many folks. I think it's not gonna float with him stating it's on a WET fly hook......

Randy

Hey guys, Happy Easter to all. Just thinking about all this snow. Anyone think the extended cold and late snow runoff will push the hatches back by a week or so? Maybe the Green Drake hatch will be right in our laps at the end of May? Anyone have any thoughts about this? Just wondering. Ron

Pine creek has drakes for 2 weeks every year. starting in the south, then jumping to the headwaters then here above the canyon so they will be here during that time just have to check out the area. Pine is like 3 separate streams when the hatches occur. Each section comes off different times. seems to go upper first then down at slate then here (ansonia), you will hit the drakes at the end of may..
    sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

Anyone getting anxious??

i`m i just hope the weather straighten out

Pretty quiet out there...
    Been up to Kettle with Ron G
    Few fish but plenty of elk, bear and deer
    Looking forward to warmer conditions and the fish-in
    Is anybody out there?

Yea, some of us are still here. Very little communication going on. It's gonna be a small party this year. A few of the guys have work or other plans so we will be again a small group. The pine is fishing good up north and I'm going to try it a few more times. Maybe tomorrow for a day and then maybe next week. Not sure.

I'll be trying to keep outta hot water at home, cause my anniversary is the 29th. So I won't get up there till sometime in the morning of the 30th! Randy are you gonna give us some directions to this new place? at least a house number? what color? I'll be headed up to fish Kettle next Monday (13th-16th) thru Thursday. Stop in, anyone, if your near! Ron

+ Reply to Thread