Thread: Fly fishing in northwest england

Threaded View

Default Fly fishing in northwest england

I,m not sure if many of you are aware of english fly fishing, but on the majority of waters here even Before you go one is required to buy an Environment Agency License which allows an angler to carry two rods, but Not to fish. When you arrive at the water you then have to pay the owner for the Number of trout you wish to take for the table. Most places now allow catch and release which is normally cheaper, but some require that all fish caught must be killed. The average is about 25 pounds for four fish per day, less per half-day, catch and release a bit cheaper($37-40). So no way do you buy a license like a state or province license and just go fishing. An EA license for anything except salmon and wild river trout is ?28($42) and for salmon-wild trout? 72 pounds($108. Fines for not having a license or ticket to fish the water are very heavy so not worth taking a chance. A friend was kind enough to take me to a fishery about 60 miles from me-Ladybower Reservoir in the Peaks District in Derbyshire this last Tuesday and we rented a boat and a days catch and release c&r 15 pounds each and boat rental 22 pounds shared between us. The day began cloudy and cool, but by lunch it had burned off and was about 75% and hot. My partner Ged had one wild brown of two pounds on a size 18 Williams Favourite wet spider pattern and I had a two pound rainbow on a damsel nymph and THAT WAS IT! A tough day, but what beautiful surroundings and a day out fishing is worth months sitting waiting to go! Tight Lines friends!
    Last edited by flytier07; 06-03-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Tiredness at time of posting leads to carelessness and spelling errors