Brand new to this forum. Believe it or not I found your forum by accident, but not new to fly fishing/tying forums or fly fishing/tying. Have recently run into an idiot on a forum I will Not name-thought he was my friend but he ended up being just the opposite and now loves to spread malicious garbage about anything I post, but I,ll hope no one here is like that and say I,m living here in northwest england a bit of a displaced american (even though I,ve lived in "blighty" more than 40 years-you can take the boy out of the country, etc etc...but as fly fishing is quite different here than in north america it,s been quite an education and as c&r becomes more practised the fish get more educated which makes it a challenge, but then wouldn,t want it any other way. As I learned fishing from both my late parents in 1950 in eastern South Dakota and then taught fly fishing in 1955 by my late mentor and best friend Louis Davis-RIP 1960 to stomach cancer at far too young an age. Had to make do with everything But trout then as no trout outside the Black Hills back in the 1950s. Got my first go at trout in 1968 while on leave from the Air Force on a tiny stream called Mill Creek just outside Colville, Washington. Though the water was crystal clear and rather small you had to stalk them and it taught me a lot about wild trout. Those rainbows, brownies and brookies were rarely more than 12 to 14 inches long, but boy did they fight hard and tasted delicious! Now retired as of 2009 from cctv operator work and 40 plus years industrial security work before that now when I,m not looking for someone to take me out fishing I,m tying flies for the chances when I do go out. Hope I haven,t bored you too much and that we get to know each other better. My name is Byron Thiel