+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement for Stowaway-7?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    They discontinued the Stowaway 7 a few years ago. Their site says they don't repair rods or offer replacement parts, unless they happen to have a spare part they can salvage from a return. since they only sello
    Stowaway 6's these days, you'd better treat your 5 right!
    If my Stowaway 5 ever breaks, hopefully it won't be 'till next year when we've moved out west and I'll have my 696 RPL 2 pc with me full-time. Closest it ever came to breaking was by my own hand - had finished fishing Flat Creek in the morning before our flight out of Jackson and I couldn't separate the top 2 sections. Did the behind-the-knees thing, had my buddy turn one section while I did the other; nothing. Finally got it apart but lost a snake guide in the process; simple enough to repair.

Regards,
    Scott

I'm wondering if the TFO Professional might be similar. Anybody have any experience here?

D/k if Redington still sells multipiece, but I like my wayfarer
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

No one has mentioned the Orvis Frequent Flier series, but I'd certainly look into that. I have a Stowaway 7 8wt and should anything happen to it I'd be looking at the Orvis rods.
    Last edited by ColdPass; 05-30-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    Totally my fault, but I just busted the second from top section of my beloved spigot ferrule Cabelas Stowaway 7 4-weight. Broke my rod and broke my heart. This rod had the perfect action for me and now I need to replace it.

Does anybody have a reco for a very similar rod? I'd like to go fishing again before one turns up on e-Bay.

Many thanks!
    I know just how you feel. I broke the tip on a 6wt Stowaway 7 about 6" from the tip about 4-5 years ago. It was my favorite rod. I turned it into a 8' 6" rod. About a year later, I was at Cabelas here in KC and they were getting rid of all of their rodbuilding supplies, and I bought the last 3 Stowaway 7 blanks they had (1 5wt, 2 6wt) for something like $65. Now i keep one in each car, and one at the in-laws lake house.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdPass View Post
    No one has mentioned the Orvis Frequent Flier series, but I'd certainly look into that. I have a Stowaway 7 8wt and should anything happen to it I'd be looking at the Orvis rods.
    I agree. I don't own one but have looked hard at em. They are rated as mid flex which should be pretty close to what you are use to. I don't believe TFO makes the Pro in anything less than a 4 pc.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

+ Reply to Thread