+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replacement tip

1. Default replacement tip

hello all,I"m in need of a replacement tip for a Sage Graphite III GFL790-4 RPLB.I broke the tip this morning and I"m quite upset about it.Does anyone know where I can locate one?Any help is appreciated.I have sent an email to Sage but since it's the weekend I don't expect a response for a couple of days.

do not despair - sage has a replacement tip program, used to be $50 plus shipping. The rod does not have to be under warranty to qualify. They will take care of you, it will take a couple weeks +. Unfortunately, I know this from experience.....
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Me too; busted the tip on a 796 RPL+ blank I built up in 1995 three years ago and they had no problem finding a replacement. Had to send the rod back to them to ensure the new section fit properly but got everything back quickly. Same experience with a 696 RPL.

Regards,
    Scott

Something to consider...I broke a tip ...about 4" so when I had a new replacement I had the broken tip repaired...4" shorter and only a slight difference in action ...and I had an extra tip.

Blog Entries

Sage is second to none on replacements. If it is custom rod, you get everything back and will have to rewrap the tip or find someone to do it for you. A factory rod gets things handled a bit faster. Still top notch service.

You can find the forms on their website.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Ditto to all above. Just had RPL+ 9'6wt 2 pc tip section replaced $100 plus $50 shipping & handling about 4 weeks
    Dave

In that I just have this "thing" for breaking rod tips ... from closing the car door on them some years ago, to sticking the rod tip up into a ceiling fan (which was on!), and my seemingly favorite thing to do .... while carrying the rod, walking into a tree tip first!

Anyway, any first class fly shop will have them on hand ... and in different sizings.

BTW, on two of the "modified" rods, shortened maybe two and three inches, did speed up the rod action a tad.

Whats an RPLB?
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Creek View Post
    Whats an RPLB?
    It's an RPL blank. The "B" designates that it was sold as an unfinished blank rather than a factory finished rod.

10. Default

thanks for the comforting words.I was afraid that a replacement tip was going to be next impossible to find since the RPL has been discontinued for a few years now.

+ Reply to Thread