Whiting does have the best Americanized Cree Hackle (or any other hackle and that is my opinion as a Signature Designer and Production Tyer I have many other brands of Hackle on my desk, tie with it, and it serves its' purpose). If you want it, you need to call Whiting farms directly. Otherwise, it is hard to come by anywhere else. The Americanized cree has more consistency of coloration over the true Cree (Spanish European). Not to say that you can get some beautiful True European Cree Capes. The real problem here in the states is that many places and people are selling Dark Barred Ginger Capes and calling it Cree and even charging a hefty price (there is always some scammer out there to rip a person off sadly). You have to know how to tell the difference and be able to spot the phony. I talked to my friend Tom Mullen earlier (who works at Whiting Farms). We had a long discussion about Cree Hackle and the arguments that have been going on for a long time. My best advise if you want to buy Cree is to know what you are getting (make sure it is the real McCoy). If it is not Cree, Run. Hold on to your money tightly. These days, you pay for good Hackle. NJTroutbum said it well. There is no reason to declare another person's opinion as invalid. This is a forum to share ideas. I have stayed away from Forums that are snobbish, and start putting people down if someone does not follow their "Gospel" according to Fly Fishing or Fly Tying or anything else for that matter . I have grown over the many years (50 +) because of those that had a variety of ideas, opinions, etc. when it comes to Fly Tying, and Fly Fishing.