+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned from Tenkara USA Forum

Default Banned from Tenkara USA Forum

I suspect I will become a bit more active on this forum as I have just been banned on the Tenkara USA forum. I will not make public what was contained in a private correspondence, so I'll just leave it at that.

I do hope the tenkara community, the entire community, will feel welcome here.

Best regards,
    Chris Stewart
    Last edited by CM_Stewart; 05-26-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Tenkara Bum

NewTyer 1 Guest

Dude, we don't care what happens on other forums, as long as it doesn't happen here. You are more than welcome and I look forward to reading some of your post because my interest in Tenkara fishing has been peaked since I saw an on water demo. Welcome, you will find a great bunch of guys here.

I certainly hope you feel welcomed here.

Rick

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

CM;

I remember a number or your posts here. Welcome Back

I can't imagine how that could happen. I always thought you and Daniel had a good relationship. You have always been a stand up guy in my book Chris and have helped me with quite a few things over the last couple of years. I hope its not because your site and product line has really grown and they just wanted to get rid of the competition. I think everyone here will agree that you are most welcome to this board and I look forward to your future post.

That certainly does not speak well for TenkaraUSA.

I trust that Bulletin Board members here on FAOL who also post on the TenkaraUSA Forum make that known to the powers that be over there.

John
    The fish are always right.

Default Dirty Politics are everywhere !!!

I am so sorry that such a thing like that would happen to a stand up guy like you. It does not speak well of Tenkara USA (whether personality conflict or what). I am not new to the Fly Fishing and Fly Tying arena, but a little new to Tenkara. I wrote a review of the book co-authored by my friend Mikasa Ishimura. I started out with adding this style to my arsenal because of interest in the History of Japanese Fly Tying. Dirty politics as such is certainly not a way to promote their style. I remember another person on smallstreams.com who felt he was the god of fly fishing, then Boo Rod Building, and now the god of Tenkara. This certainly has put a gray cloud over my perception of Tenkara USA and even any future relationship they have with me. Fly Fishing (no matter what style) is a "Gentelman's (& Women's) Sport", not a snobbery club. I have become very diillusioned by the snobbery cliques that have built up in this arena, and thus the fragmentation (which could damage the future of Fly Fishing and its' conservation efforts. Such toxic people have no place in a way of life where I find peace and serenity) !!!

Mr JML .... Good catch!!! LOL!!! "Fly Fishing (no matter what style) is a "Gentelman's (& Women's) Sport",..."

Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.JML View Post
    I am so sorry that such a thing like that would happen to a stand up guy like you. It does not speak well of Tenkara USA (whether personality conflict or what). I am not new to the Fly Fishing and Fly Tying arena, but a little new to Tenkara. I wrote a review of the book co-authored by my friend Mikasa Ishimura. I started out with adding this style to my arsenal because of interest in the History of Japanese Fly Tying. Dirty politics as such is certainly not a way to promote their style. I remember another person on smallstreams.com who felt he was the god of fly fishing, then Boo Rod Building, and now the god of Tenkara. This certainly has put a gray cloud over my perception of Tenkara USA and even any future relationship they have with me. Fly Fishing (no matter what style) is a "Gentelman's (& Women's) Sport", not a snobbery club. I have become very diillusioned by the snobbery cliques that have built up in this arena, and thus the fragmentation (which could damage the future of Fly Fishing and its' conservation efforts. Such toxic people have no place in a way of life where I find peace and serenity) !!!

AMEN......... I have to add 10 characters ,but I cannot say it any better than you did......

Sorry to hear this Chris. You've been a wonderful contribution to that forum, and many, since it's beginning. You've certainly helped me along my path of tenkara. I saw your name on the post today and before I could look it was gone. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

For what it's worth, I took myself (my words) off of that forum last week for my own reasons. I can still visit, though I won't be adding much. Because of the biz. it's not exactly a free democracy over there.

I'll look forward to seeing you here

Best regards,
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread