+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HYdro-Psycho Series Caddis Larva

Hybrid View

Neat fly nicely tied, but there's no way I'd spend 30 minutes on one (probably take me twice that time) and then fish it in/among the rocks.

Regards,
    Scott

This was about a 30 minute Video to show the techniques. I do promise that once you learn these techniques (and you can transfer to other patterns), the tying time is greatly reduced. This patern is sold in both Rainys and Feathercraft catalogues. I promise you, the production tyers in Thailand tying my pattern are not taking 30 minutes to do this fly. lol Charlie Meck recently wrote an article on this fly in Mid Atlantic Fly Fishing Guide. It is a pattern that has proven itself under the most difficult fishing conditions when nothing else would work (quoted by Charlie Meck).

NewTyer 1 Guest

I tried to watch the video but right at around 5 minutes or so, it would stop playing. Tried it twice, I don't know why it isn't playing past 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    I tried to watch the video but right at around 5 minutes or so, it would stop playing. Tried it twice, I don't know why it isn't playing past 5 min.
    I had that happen, too. Closed the window, brought Safari back up and it worked.

Regards,
    Scott

Cool

It is much better if you go with The You Tube View or Safari (or some equal media viewer). Otherwise, with some computers, you end up having to sit there and let it load before you can view (if not it freezes up). This is true of all videos done on You tube, etc. On down the road, my tying tutorials will be done on quality DVD. The only problem with that is you end up having to purchase. These 2 tutorials are freebies, and I hope the educational interactive site I create will also be one where Ters and Fly Fishermen can freely exchange information and techniques.

+ Reply to Thread