+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Son's Graduation Present...

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default My Son's Graduation Present...

My son just graduated with honors from high school and I could not be there... I had made a committment to a friend that drew a particularly good Kodiak brown bear hunting tag and the boat we keep in Kodaik was central to the entire trip for him. So I told Riley I was not going to be there for his graduation unless we got lucky early... and "What can I do to make it up to you..." The basic loaded question...

"Talk to George" he says...
    http://blueberryislandlodge.com/Lodge/Home.html

So I did and on June 10th the three of us are going to visit George for the opening of the Kvichak River rainbow season. The timing is early to avoid the salmon and the bead fishing that dominates once they hit the river. Riley wants the best "fly" fishing and that works just fine for me.

George has been a strong supporter of the Alaska Fly Fishers for many years and his lodge has a very good reputation among the many that have been there. I am working out travel plans right now and starting to work on a gear and groceries list...

Riley told me last night he is getting excited about the trip and that should help make up for the fact the bear hunt took almost three weeks...
    art

Congrads to Riley!! Know who will have the highest bows to hand during the outing.

Will be thinking about you.

Denny

NewTyer 1 Guest

Congratulation to Riley, one for graduating and for scoring a very nice trip from the old man. Lucky I wasn't your son. We'd be heading to Mongolia for Taiman. Now get those travel plans made and enjoy yourself but, please do take some pictures to share with us down trotted.

Blog Entries

Riley has some pretty fancy fishing experience but taiman is not there yet... I will stick to AK stuff until I get bored with it...

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    Riley has some pretty fancy fishing experience but taiman is not there yet... I will stick to AK stuff until I get bored with it...
    Planning to live to 1000 are ya?
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Congrats to your son. However, like NewTyer, if I was your son, we'd be going to Kamchatka. Really not that far...

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    Congrats to your son. However, like NewTyer, if I was your son, we'd be going to Kamchatka. Really not that far...
    Just a short swim....
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

The boat that started the whole problem is big enough to take to Russia and all it would take is a few hops between towns for fuel...

I have been very fortunate in seeing AK when things were very good... I wish I was less pessimistic about the future of AK fishing, though...

Blog Entries

Denny
    I am sure he will... I am old enough to forget what I caught and not fret it!
    art

+ Reply to Thread