My son just graduated with honors from high school and I could not be there... I had made a committment to a friend that drew a particularly good Kodiak brown bear hunting tag and the boat we keep in Kodaik was central to the entire trip for him. So I told Riley I was not going to be there for his graduation unless we got lucky early... and "What can I do to make it up to you..." The basic loaded question...

"Talk to George" he says...
http://blueberryislandlodge.com/Lodge/Home.html

So I did and on June 10th the three of us are going to visit George for the opening of the Kvichak River rainbow season. The timing is early to avoid the salmon and the bead fishing that dominates once they hit the river. Riley wants the best "fly" fishing and that works just fine for me.

George has been a strong supporter of the Alaska Fly Fishers for many years and his lodge has a very good reputation among the many that have been there. I am working out travel plans right now and starting to work on a gear and groceries list...

Riley told me last night he is getting excited about the trip and that should help make up for the fact the bear hunt took almost three weeks...
art