Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by aged_sage View Post
    And as far as how many furlongs one can run in a fortnight, I have no interest. I make them at my leisure!

Regards,
    Frank
    Frank

If I did not mis read the original question, it was how fast do other furlers make their leaders. I am not bragging...I can make them at the rate of 12 per hour, if I choose. Do I do that all the time...NO, some types of leaders take much longer to construct and I usually go at a much slower pace.

John,

Sorry to confuse you with the diagram, it is backwards for me to! It was the best I could find in a short time. I will try to do better the next time.

HRH Betty

I also enjoy the process of making the leaders. When I have several hundred to make for a show, it is great to have the machinery available to make a lot of leaders in a little time. That gives me more time for bamboo rod building, fly tying, net making, and of course fishing! You are correct that it feels good to use the items you make to fool a fish or six!

David

to answer your question, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Sounds like like you have the process down pat. Good luck and carry on!!

Brad
    Last edited by Kaboom1; 05-23-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields