Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
I had a short flattop all through high school the football helmets were web suspension with a rope around the top center that had a knot in it. There was a rubber disk that cushioned the head from the knot that worked okay but in the '80's when the army came out with the Kevlar helmets they had the same type suspension and no rubber disk. I remember buying a round foam disk at the PX because my hair was gone by then. I hope a later version of the helmet has remedied that issue with the helmet.

What Kevin hasn't thought about, I'll bet, is shaved heads are cool now days. May have to get a Harley and some black leather overalls to ride through the mountains. I would totally shave my head if it were not for the boss, I know I can be right or I can be happy.
I got an email from Soldier City where I get the pins I use for butt caps on my military rods where they are having a sale on head wraps with all kinds of neat designs. Camo, Marines, more camo, more Marines, etc. Dad was a Marine and my granddaughter married one so they get tickled when Great Grampa gets his Marine on.