When I fish small streams (like the one behind the house), I always wear camouflage, because the fish can see you against the background. But my favorite style hat is a Driving Cap, and for some reason, there are no camo versions, anywhere. I've looked for years, in vain. So the other day, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I took my old tan-colored Wal-Mart Driving Cap, and with some Prismacolor Markers, and about 20 minutes of elbow-grease, I now have a usable camo hat to wear fishing. I have washed it in the machine, and the colors appear to be stable.

I have an old pair of tan Cargo Pants (Dockers), that have a grease stain on them. I will be doing them, next. If that goes well, then my fishing vest will follow....

This is so cool! Now I don't have to pay those big prices just because something is camouflaged. I can get used stuff at the Goodwill, or yard sales, and camo them myself, for a fraction of the cost (as well as recycling discarded items). And I should be able to do different camo patterns easily. I did the hat in my version of Woodland Camo. I may try Alpenflage on another hat that is gathering dust in the closet.

Picture 17.jpg

Everyone else probably already knows how to do this, but it is new to me, and I am diggin it......