+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camo Made Easy.....

Hybrid View

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Camo Made Easy.....

When I fish small streams (like the one behind the house), I always wear camouflage, because the fish can see you against the background. But my favorite style hat is a Driving Cap, and for some reason, there are no camo versions, anywhere. I've looked for years, in vain. So the other day, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I took my old tan-colored Wal-Mart Driving Cap, and with some Prismacolor Markers, and about 20 minutes of elbow-grease, I now have a usable camo hat to wear fishing. I have washed it in the machine, and the colors appear to be stable.

I have an old pair of tan Cargo Pants (Dockers), that have a grease stain on them. I will be doing them, next. If that goes well, then my fishing vest will follow....

This is so cool! Now I don't have to pay those big prices just because something is camouflaged. I can get used stuff at the Goodwill, or yard sales, and camo them myself, for a fraction of the cost (as well as recycling discarded items). And I should be able to do different camo patterns easily. I did the hat in my version of Woodland Camo. I may try Alpenflage on another hat that is gathering dust in the closet.

Picture 17.jpg

Everyone else probably already knows how to do this, but it is new to me, and I am diggin it......

I always buy my camo from Wally World. They seem to always have some kinda camo on clearance.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Waiting to see the alpenflage driving cap. Nobody has one'a those.

As soon as I find another khaki driving cap, I'll camo it in Alpenflage and post a pic. It shouldn't take too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J View Post
    Waiting to see the alpenflage driving cap. Nobody has one'a those.

So who is the dapper gentlemen in the photo.. nice!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

It's just me. I'm lucky the camera didn't break.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    So who is the dapper gentlemen in the photo.. nice!

Is it just a coincidence that there is a light bulb over your head in the photo?

I actually is just a coincidence. My idea bulb is much dimmer than that one(LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by gmac209 View Post
    Is it just a coincidence that there is a light bulb over your head in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by gmac209 View Post
    That's funny, LOL thanks i needed a laugh today.

Cool hat, Gig
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    When I fish small streams (like the one behind the house), I always wear camouflage, because the fish can see you against the background. But my favorite style hat is a Driving Cap, and for some reason, there are no camo versions, anywhere. I've looked for years, in vain. So the other day, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I took my old tan-colored Wal-Mart Driving Cap, and with some Prismacolor Markers, and about 20 minutes of elbow-grease, I now have a usable camo hat to wear fishing. I have washed it in the machine, and the colors appear to be stable.

I have an old pair of tan Cargo Pants (Dockers), that have a grease stain on them. I will be doing them, next. If that goes well, then my fishing vest will follow....

This is so cool! Now I don't have to pay those big prices just because something is camouflaged. I can get used stuff at the Goodwill, or yard sales, and camo them myself, for a fraction of the cost (as well as recycling discarded items). And I should be able to do different camo patterns easily. I did the hat in my version of Woodland Camo. I may try Alpenflage on another hat that is gathering dust in the closet.

Attachment 10414

Everyone else probably already knows how to do this, but it is new to me, and I am diggin it......
    That's a great idea. I have a lot of those hats and have a light colored one I could convert to camo. What color markers did you use, brown, olive, black, tan, etc.?

+ Reply to Thread