Thread: Cwfi 2012

Threaded View

Default Cwfi 2012

The Tenth Annual Central Washington Fish-In (aka Linemender Grins & Fins Gathering) has come to an end. Linemender, whose name was Cary Morlan, along with Steve Zweber (Z) was a long time member of FAOL and co-host of the CWFI, until a motorcycle accident took him from us. The Fish-In was over far too fast, for as long as it took to wait for it. Attending as campers included myself Lotech Joe, JeffW, Z & Judy, Richard Weaver and Nancy, Jonathan Sherwin (Foo), AKidatheart, Doug & Kate, Jerry and his dog Lady, and Tom & Cherri. Several of the folks attending, fished the perennial favorite fishing hole Rocky Ford Creek, where they found several Rainbow Trout, a few ticks & a couple of rattlesnakes. Nobody came to any harm including the snakes. I can however vouch for the untimely death of at least one tick. The rest of those who were fishing, including myself and JeffW, were boat fishing after Bluegills and Bass in Stan Coffin Lake. The lake turned out to be about 2 1/2 feet low and completely choked with weeds. The only visible inhabitants were the pelicans and black cormorants, so the following day we fished Quincy Lake where stocked Rainbows cruise the waters and then Evergreen Reservoir where Foo managed to catch a large Carp. The weather was picture perfect, except for the occasional gusting winds, but that didn't stop anyone from fishing. A good time was had by all who attended. It was great to see old friends and make a couple of new friends. I especially enjoyed cooking dinner for Jeff, Steve, Judy and myself on Friday night, and then again breakfast the following morning for the four of us again. Then Saturday night I fixed a big pot of Spaghetti for the potluck. By the way, there was so much food at the potluck that everyone had leftovers to take back to camp. It was a great time with wonderful people enjoying each other's company. The facilities there include camp spots for tents, campers & motor homes, with water for tent and water and electriciy for campers. They also have adequate rest rooms with showers and a small laundromat. It a wonderful place to stay and I hope that I am again able to attend next year.

JeffW, Judy & Z, considering where we might fish tomorrow.

JeffW, Kate & Doug, enjoying conversation in the shade.

Jerry and his constant companion Lady. BTW, Lady was selected by me to be the queen of this outing. Here is Jerry fishing with Her Majesty.

Jeff in the bow of my boat while we're looking for fish.

Richard (aka REW) and his wife Nancy in tow.

Me at the tiller.

Potluck was an awesome affair with a large turnout. About 30 people. Many of Cary Morlan's relatives joined us.

New friends Tom and Cherri at the campfire Friday night.

Foo & Jeff relaxing at the campfire.

Judy enjoying the campfire Friday night. BTW, she make the world's best cupcakes.

If you get a chance, you owe it to yourself to go to a Fish-In. You will enjoy some new friends and make some precious memories.
    Last edited by Lotech; 05-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe